DIY! How I customized and personalized my iPhone case with my name using jewels, crystals and rhinestones!

4:30 am

Hey there! 
Today I will be doing a DIY post on how I customize and personalize my iPhone cover case. I thought it was something unique. You are free to try various designs and patterns as well. It does not need to be an iPhone cover, you can decorate other items such as laptop cases, clothes and more.

There are tons of other lovely cases out there and I do know that people frequently change their cases because they do get tired of it. I like this design because I thought it was original and unique. My name on it makes it personalized and easy for identification.

Here is a picture of my iPhone case.


I admit that I like my things customized. When I get a new case for my phone, I tend to customize and bling-ify it. Haha!

Here is my laptop case.


You can use your creativity and create other designs. Here I have a small crown and a flower/snowflake. (I meant for it to look like a snowflake. Does it look like one? Haha!)



Sorry if the lightning and pictures does look washout. It was getting dark and the sun was going down.



The jewels I am using are ironed on. But, the glue on type may also work depending on the item. However, I prefer iron on since it is neater without too much glue. If you are going to iron the jewels, it is best to use the iron on type of jewels as they stick better because I think they have a bit of glue on them. If you are going to glue on the jewels, normal ones will work.

The items I used are toothpicks, jewels/rhinestones, a pair of scissors and some tape.





I printed my name out on paper to use it as a guideline for the jewels.



Place the paper firmly onto the table or use tape to stick it. You do not want external factors such as wind to accidentally move or destroy your design.

I use the toothpick to align the jewels against my name. This is a long and slow process depending on how big or small your design is.





Once my name is done, I use a pair of scissors to cut out the tape. I use this tape and stick it onto the jewels so it will not run. Measure the size correctly and place the tape onto the jewels itself.





Using the tape, I tear it and stick it against the jewels.

Press the tape to make sure the jewels do stick.

Now, carefully remove the tape. Check and make sure the jewels are stuck on.



Here is my plain iPhone case on top of my orange printed ironing board.


I stick the tape and jewels onto my case.


This is important! Please put a piece of cloth or handkerchief on top of the jewels so that they will not burn.


PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN USING THE IRON! Once the iron is warm, I press it on top of the jewels. I press it about a minute. In most cases, the jewels would have stuck on. If not, press it for another minute or so.

Slowly remove the tape and the jewels should have stuck on the case.


Here is your end result.


Here is a link to my video for a clearer demonstration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20d0sfqeYc

I hope you will like this post. Feel free to leave any comments below and I will talk to you all soon. Bye!

xo
Carissa

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe